Papertrey March Blog Hop Challenge

For my JUGS post, click HERE.
For my CR84FN post, click HERE.
For my DeNami Product Challenge post, click HERE.
For my DeNami Product Spotlight post, click HERE.



Papertrey Blog Hop time! Here's this month's challenge...

For the March Blog Hop we are challenging you to use embroidery floss in a fun and inventive way on 
your project.  This could include stitching, wrapping it around and tying it like ribbon, braiding, accenting tags, embroidered patterns or anything else you can dream up!  

Since I've been crocheting a few flowers lately I thought that would be perfect! I tried my hand at a crochet rose....



So cute! It's actually crochet thread instead of embroidery floss as it was all I had at the time - hope that's ok :)

Edited to add: Sorry, should have posted this link sooner but HERE are the instructions for the rose on my card. There are many more out there but this one makes a nice, neat, tiny one :)

I am in LOVE wit the new gingham background set *happy sigh*. I can surely see this set sitting on my craft desk for a LONG time :) I also used my brand spankin' new turning a new leaf dies and vineyard impression plate!!! Oh, heaven!
Here's a closeup of the rose...



This is where the post is going to get a bit long so please feel to scroll down if your in a rush. It won't hurt my feelings I promise - I'll never know the difference :)

I've had a few requests for craftroom photos and I FINALLY managed to make it presentable :) So here they are... 

Looking in through the door into the room. I love the desk so much - it's from Ikea. In fact, much of the furniture in the room is from Ikea. The wall color is a light purple. It looks pink in some of the pics but it's a soft purple and soooo soothing :)


See the little wheely, white-drawers cabinet under the desk on the right? I can keep it under my desk for neatness or wheel it out for extra work space :) It's typically the home of my laptop :) I store all my stamp blocks, powders, adhesives, glitters, brayer, and various other sundries. There's another identical one on the opposite side of the desk.


Below, I've got a more comprehensive view of the desk (have I mentioned I love my desk :)). I'm really lucky to have some big, bright windows too :)


In the white storage boxes are adhesive refills, embellishments, ribbon bits, dies, impression plates and embossing folders, and some stamping things. My buttons are on my wall (so colorful and yummy) - they're in little magnetic storage tins from Ikea. 


The little white pots and rail system also from Ikea. The floating shelves... you guessed it, Ikea :) My Copics are stored in awesome containers from Office Max for easy access. The Ottlite to the left I got on sale at Hobby Lobby (regular 80 or 90 bucks, I got it for $30 - gotta love a deal like that!).


Some of my PTI stamps ... storage for the rest to follow :) These are my most commonly used stamps. Oh, an see my new ATG gun? One of the best purchases EVAH!!! 


My ribbon storage. This was a pantry shelf unit from Walmart. Works so well for ribbon.


Here's a cabinet on the wall opposite my desk. It houses my cardstocks and patterned papers as well as a lot of extra things. That's my cricut on top (bought that cover a long time ago from a place online...can't remember where).
 

Here are all my wood block stamps, the vast majority are from DeNami Design. The little basket on top has a few acrylic stamp sets, Martha Stewart glitter and microbeads. The little white boxes underneath the drawer units are CD boxes from Walmart and are home to the rest of my PTI stamps.


Finally, there's a little alcove in the room and this shelving unit from Ikea fit like a glove!!! See my froggie collection on the far right of the middle row? 


Funny story; I managed to neaten the room but haven't vacuumed in a while. I dropped a crochet flower on the floor and when I picked it up, it looked like a tumble weed! There was cat and dog hair all over it! Needless to say, the vacuum will be visiting my craftroom soon LOL! 

If you have any questions about anything in the pics, just let me know :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! I appreciate your visits :) Happy hopping!


TTFN,

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.