Let's do the smash - JUGS #75


Hi all!!! Boy howdy, do we have a fun challenge lined up for you this week at  Just Us Girls!



Let's do the smash....the ACRYLIC SMASH!!! Maria's picked this awesome technique as our challenge for the week - there's a link HERE for a great tutorial. It is so fun and addictive!!!


I decided that I would also add a bit of texture by dry embossing the acetate. I stamped butterflies on the acetate with brown StazOn and used yellow acrylic paint (the exact color now escapes me) for the smash :) I decided on a richer color palette so paired the yellow and brown with deep red (scarlet jewel). I also wanted to play along with PTI's Make It Monday so I distressed the edges of my card. For some reason, I just don't have the touch for sponging. I did figure out something I was doing wrong - I think I was using WAAAAY too much pressure instead of gently smoothing it on :) Any other tips folks? Perhaps not blending enough?

Also take a moment to swing by the blogs of the rest of the wonderful, talented, down-right amazing JUGS DT as well as our March guest designer, Alyssa Scritchfield

Enjoy your weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by!

 TTFN,
Ingredients
Stamps: Butterflies (Martha Stewart), Background basics: text style, Daily designs sentiments (PTI)
Ink: dark chocolate (PTI), brown StazOn, antique linen (Distress Ink)
Paper: scarlet jewel, rustic cream (PTI), acetate
Other: text EF (Cuttlebug), scarlet jewel ribbon, yellow acrylic paint

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.