CR84FN #19

For my JUGS post, please click HERE :)



Look at the gorgeous colors over at CR84FN this week!!!


They're just so darn pretty, I made two cards :)



For this first card, I got to use some of my new distress inks!!! I was so excited to give them a try. Again, my sponging technique needs work, but I'm having a blast learning! I found an awesome technique HERE on the Hero Arts blog and loved it so much I had to CASE the card :) I whipped out an ol' fav, the Life set from PTI. The flowers were stamped on a soft grey cardstock with versamark and heat embossed in white. Then I sponged on weathered wood and pumice stone distress ink. Text was stamped on top using pumice stone  -but before stamping, I wiped the middle of the stamp after inking to create a gap in the center of the card. The butterflies are from a Spellbinders set - they were die cut from white cardstock and airbrushed with a BG15 Copic. I spritzed the butterflies with a water/perfect pearls mixture for some shimmer (which sadly doesn't come through in the pics). I colored seam binding with my weathered wood distress ink and stamped the sentiment in smokey shadow. The card base is actually smokey shadow, a dark grey - but it looks almost black in the picture.


This next card is more fun :) I stamped the dahlias in midnight blue acrylic paint on soft grey cardstock, for a bit of texture. Scor tape with aqua glitter is used across the middle and I created a window in aqua cardstock and backed it with vellum. The sentiment is stamped on the vellum with dark blue ink. The sentiment on this card is particularly pertinent this week as one of our own talented DT members is having a birthday soon --- HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!! Take some time to leave her happy birthday wishes on her blog HERE.

That's it for me!!! Hope you'll find time to play along! Make sure to visit the other fabulous CR84FN DT as well as Deb Hickman, our guest designer for March.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
TTFN,
Ingredients
Friends for Life
Stamps: Life, Background basics: text style (PTI)
Ink: Smokey shadow (PTI), Weathered wood, pumice stone (Distress Ink), versamark
Paper: Smokey shadow, soft stone (PTI)
Other: seam binding, rhinestones, butterfly nestie die, white embossing powder


Best Wishes
Stamps:  Delightful dahlia, fillable frames 10- sentiment (PTI)
Ink: enchanted evening (PTI), midnight acrylic paint (FolkArt)
Paper: Grey (DeNami), Soft stone, aqua mist (PTI), vellum
Other: nesties, scor tape, aquamarine glitter (Martha Stewart)

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.