The tale of two challenges


Sounds dramatic, huh?
It was cold and rainy here today - managed to get the pooches out for a walk prior to the start of the rain though, which is nice. Spent the rest of the day cleaning and making this awesome pumpkin chocolate chip loaf that Amy Schultz shared on her blog a while back. It is SUPER easy and SOOOOO YUMMY! You should check it out! I'm making it for a "food day" at work tomorrow.

On to my card...
Saturday brought a new Just Us Girls challenge (love this blog and all the gals involved!!!) - they have a wonderful color challenge this time round. I tried to double up the challenges and try a new one, Annabelle Stamps sketch challenge #3. They've still got blog candy available - today is the last day to sign up.


 
  
 
I wanted to make another easel card 'cause they're so much fun! I bought this pumpkin stamp by Stampabilities on sale at Hobby Lobby and decided to ink it up. I colored it with copics (Y32, Y38, YR09). I don't have my Papertrey Ink order yet (I think the new Terracotta color would have been perfect for the rust :)) so I subbed textured rust cardstock from the stash. How great is this color combo? My color-challenged mind would never have thought of putting the blue with the orange - but I love this combo! It will make a reappearance fo' sho'. 
Hope you and yours are having a relaxing Sunday evening. Thanks so much for stopping by!!!
TTFN,

--------------------------------
Ingredients (all PTI unless otherwise stated):
Stamps: Pumpkin stamp by Stampabilities, Autumn tags (sentiment and pumpkins on orange zest)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, orange zest, versamark
Paper: Spring rain, stamper's select white, orange zest, rust textured cardstock from DCWAV
Other: Cuttlebug EF (damask); orange zest ribbon, spring rain button, orange rhinestones, orange rhinestone brad from American Crafts, fiskars threading water border punch, large rectangle nesties, copics and ABS

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.