JUGs Challenge for Henry


Hello all - happy Saturday!
Earlier this week, Just Us Girls posted a charity challenge for a little boy named, Henry Anderson. Henry was only 3 years old when he succumbed to an illness that is, as of yet, unknown. I can't even begin to imagine the pain that this family is experiencing. 
A friend of Henry's mom, Katie Cotton (who is also the owner of Paper Makeup Stamps), created a digital stamp on Henry's behalf. The image is of a young boy making a snow angel and is aptly named "Henry' Snow Angel". As you can see, the image is wonderful - I think it really captures what it is to be young; so fun and innocent. 
The proceeds of the sale of the stamp go to the Anderson Family - please, please check it out and possibly offer some support to this grieving family. The challenge at JUGs is to purchase and use this image on a card and post it on their site.


So here's my card for Henry's Challenge;

 


So I printed the image and colored it with copics. I used polar white flower soft to simulate the snow built up around the edges of the angel. I then cut it out with the nesties. I stamped the mittens (from Papertrey Ink on white cardstock, heat embossed the sentiment on the mittens, then popped them up on dimensionals. The background paper is shimmer white dry embossed with snowflakes. I adore this image - it reminds me so much of my childhood in eastern Canada. So much fun in the snow :)
Hope you all are having a good evening. Hug your loved ones tight :) Thanks so much for stopping by :)

TTFN,

----------------------------------

Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated):
Stamps: Henry's Snow Angel from Paper Makeup Stamps, Snowfall (mittens and sentiment)
Ink: Memento lady bug, versamark
Paper: Pure poppy, white, shimmer white (bazzil - I think)
Other: Offray snowflake ribbon, silver embossing powder (Filgiree), snowflake embossing folder, silver brads, polar white flower soft

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.