To the one you love...


Time for another Pile it on Challenge!  This time round its "To the one you love". This is my DT contribution this week.
Speaking of the one I love... my poor hubby... this Valentine's Day I am leaving to work in Canada for 3 weeks. Nice wife, huh? We'll just have to have our Valentine's Day a little early. Can't say I'm looking forward to leaving him and our furry kids for 3 weeks... hopefully it will fly by.
On to my card.
 
 

For this card I used a dark chocolate base (PTI) and a light pink background with flourishes in pink and white (this was actually packaging that came with chipboard hearts - so fun to recycle :)). I stamped it with Background basics: text style (PTI) in versamark, heat embossed with clear powder then wiped some hibiscus burst ink (PTI) to hightlight the text subtly. The word "love" was cut with my cricut (Beyond Basics cartridge) in both dark chocolate (PTI) and rose (sei) cardstock. The patterned paper below "love" is also from sei (eclair). The circles were cut using my trusty nesties. The smaller rose circles were dry embossed with the cuttlebug damask folder. For the smallest cirlce, I placed a circle of vellum above the patterned paper on which to stamp the word "you" in dark chocolate ink. The other little details are; dark chocolate ribbon, dark chocolate and sweet blush buttons, and pick dew drops.
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your Sunday! It is Superbowl Sunday so I'm looking forward to watching the big game - not sure who I'll root for yet :)
    TTFN

    Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

    Search

    Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.