JUGs Technique Challenge


 
Hope you enjoy the day and are showered with love :)
We actually celebrated our Valentine's Day today as I am leaving for Prince Edward Island, Canada tomorrow and my poor DH has to stay behind, just him and the animals :) I am working at my Alma mater for 3 weeks to fill in for someone on vacation. It'll be fun though because I'll get to see my sister and a few friends from school so I'm pumped about that part. But I hate being away from my hubby :( 

I've got a card to share prior to my departure. This one is for Just Us Girls Challenge #20 which is a techniques challenge hosted by Lisa Kind. This is a technique I've seen before but have never tried (That is, after all, why I love challenges! ) - the Split Negative Technique. 
 
  
 

Such a cool effect. There are tutorial links for the technique on the JUGS site for any interested parties. All the products listed are Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated :)
I started by stamping a butterfly from the Martha Stewart butterfly set on both smokey shadow and lemon tart cardstock using versamark ink. I then dug my neglected Perfect Pearls out of a drawer and applied gold to the smokey shadow and pewter to the lemon tart. They're so shimmery - I just love 'em. Too bad I forget to even use them a lot of times! I tried to capture all the shimmery goodness in the second picture. 
After that, I measured the half way point in each image, cut them in have and pieced together. I cut a rectangle from vintage cream cardstock using the largest rectangle nestie to act as a window. The vinatge cream cardstock was then dry embossed with my CB stylized flowers EF. The vinatge cream is attached to the underlying butterfly image using dimensionals. I flipped a piece of lemon tart satin ribbon over, stamped a sentiment from Blooming Button Bits in versamark ink on the ribbon and heat embossed with black embossing powder. It turned out pretty well - a bit messy for my tastes; however, I was in a bit of a time crunch so I didn't explore a lot of other possibilities :(. Then I finished off with a few lemon tart buttons. It's a little bland to me- I wanted to put a border around the window but I struggled a bit and quit on it.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Again, enjoy St. Valentine's Day!
TTFN,

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.