CR84FN 39 Refresher

For my JUGS post, click HERE.


It's week 2 of the latest CR84FN color challenge! 

There's some fun fall inspiration in this week's challenge :)


Here's a reminder of the sources for the inspiration photos; 
- Wreath: Etsy
- Pops: BeauCoup

Aside from leaves and fall, these colors made me think of sunflowers, one of my favs!!!


I decided I wanted to use muslin on this card. So I die cut a piece of muslin and adhered it to the card with the greatest product ever!!! Before, I used to adhere my fabric to card stock using a variety of adhesives… none of which gave me completely satisfactory results. Well, hullo Steam a Seam 2! I cut a matching piece of this fusible web, peeled off one of the backs (it's double sided so has repositionable adhesive on both sides) then adhered my muslin - I could have probably adhered the fusible web to the muslin first, then ran them through the die cutter together in hindsight…  Moving on. Then I peeled off the second backing and adhered it to the card base. Now I was a little too lazy to go set up my iron (ummm, let's just say I don't own a lot of clothing that requires ironing, quite on purpose :)), so I heated up the fabric on the card stock using my heat gun… took a few seconds but it worked like a charm :)

I love the rustic texture muslin gives a project. To "distress" it just a little further, I grabbed my Tea Dye Distress Ink and sponged the edges of the orange card stock. It also helped to bring out the embossed text. Add those fabulous sunflowers and done! And I couldn't help but use my banner die…again :)

Hope you like my sunflowery creation :) 

Check out what the other wonderful DT members have up their super crafty sleeves;

Marie Oberg (our September guest designer)

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

TTFN,
Signature

Posted in , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.