Guest designing for CR84FN!!!!

I have long admired the very talented Mona Pendleton - if you haven't seen her jaw-dropping creations, swing by her blog, Cupcake's Creations :) There's constant eye candy and positively inspiring creations! Not only is she one of the most talented paper crafters in blogland, she is one of the nicest people ever!
When I first saw she was starting her very own challenges, I couldn't wait to play along! Her color challenges, dubbed CR84FN (Create for Fun), are such a wonderful, inspiring blend of deliciousness and always get the creative juices flowing :) Sorry for the food references, I just had the yummiest Thai and, well, it's on my mind :D
Another wonderful thing about her challenges - she randomly selects a winner each week that is invited back to be guest designer! Any given player has an opportunity! Imagine my excitement when I realized that I had been chosen to be this week's guest designer for CR84FN6!!!

So without further adieu, Mona's magnificent color selection this week;


The blooms in the gorgeous photo are so completely inspiring, but being the season that it is, I turned it into a non-traditional Christmas color scheme. *Sigh* - those colors are just so darn pretty!

I actually made two cards; a variation of the same card really, just with the colors used in slightly different ways :)


I think this first one is my fav of the two. The snowflakes were punched using a Marvy Giga snowflake punch, coated with Modge Podge and covered in MS Lapis glitter (the darker blue) and just light blue glitter from my stash (not sure of manufacturer). I placed a rhinestone brad in the center. The doilies I bought a while ago and just haven't used yet but they make a lovely, delicate background for the snowflakes. The rest is pretty simple - a sweet blush card base embossed with the linen impression plate from PTI, kraft cardstock on the bottom, polka dots stamped in white then a bracket border punch used across the top. The sentiment is from a PTI set, Stocking Prints. 


The next card is similar, except the snowflake is now pink and adorned with a smaller snowflake in white cut with Sizzlits and a pink pearl brad in the center. I stamped an argyle pattern on the blue cardstock, and dry embossed swiss dots on the kraft. The sentiment is from PTI's Winter Swirls stamp set. 


I thought about stamping a snowflake background but the argyle was really calling to me :)


So a huge thanks to sweet Mona for the opportunity to guest design! I had so much fun making these cards and will likely make more. I'm kinda taken with the big sparkly snowflakes!

If you haven't already, swing by Mona's blog and check out the deets for CR84FN6 and be sure to play along!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

 Have a goodie folks!!!

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.