CR84FN #39


Time for another CR84FN color challenge! 

I just want to take a moment to thank everyone for their thoughtful, supportive emails and comments during our big move. I can't tell you how much it means!!! Also, I wanted to apologize for not visiting blogs that often in recent weeks. With the first week of my new job under my belt, I'm hoping to establish a little rhythm and order to my life so I can get back to my crafty family :) I'll be back, hopping around in no time!

On to this week's fabulous colors!!!


The photos in the gorgeous inspiration graphic come from a couple of different sources; 
- Wreath: Etsy
- Pops: BeauCoup

Fall is just around the corner and these colors are just the perfect inspiration to get your fall on!!!


I wanted to do a watercolor-type effect with leaves using watercolor paper (don't you love the texture?!) and distress inks. First, I spritzed the paper lightly with water. When I figured out that the spritzing made the paper a bit too wet (and thus too little detail and too much watercolor effect), I decided to try a wet paper towel laid over the watercolor paper for a few seconds. This gave it just the right amount of moisture for some detail in the leaves with a subtle watercolor look. I used the rock n' roll technique to ink up my leaves, using scattered straw first then spiced marmalade around the edges. Then I stitched a few cross stitches in the opposite corner for a little home-spun touch :)

Check out what the other wonderful DT members have up their super crafty sleeves;

Marie Oberg (our September guest designer)

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

TTFN,
Signature

Posted in , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.