I'm feeling a little CAS-ual...


For my DeNami Blog Hop post, click HERE.
For my CR84FN card, click HERE.
For my JUGS card, click HERE.


CAS-ual Fridays, that is :)


This impending move has me riding the proverbial roller coaster of emotions. I'm happy. I'm sad. Up. Down. You get the idea.

I was sitting in my craft room the other day, waiting for inspiration to strike. Staring out over our yard, I thought back to a happy memory in my childhood - camping with my parents. Every summer, we'd pack up the trailer and head to one of several parks in our area. Fishing, swimming, riding bikes, making friends… so much fun. Then, for no particular reason, I wondered if I realized the last time we left a park together as a family WAS the last time? Probably not. Definitely not. I was a teenager. I had better things to think about :)

And, boom, profound sadness. As I looked around our house, the place I've loved for the past three years, I realized that soon I'd be looking back for the. very. last. time.

I know, depressing, right?! I'm tearing up thinking about it now. Not sure why I'm sharing all this - not to make your Monday any more depressing, I swear LOL! I think I just needed to "verbalize" it; to confront it.

That day, I decided I need some happy (you probably do too, now LOL!). So I decided to make a few "happy" cards, that I'll share with you now.



So, on a lighter note, the wonderful challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays is a sketch! Now, be forewarned- I accidentally made my card in the wrong orientation for the sketch. Hope it still counts :)


Love this color combo - so sunny and warm :)

Then I decided I was gonna play along with the Play Date Cafe - it's been too long :)


Aren't those colors GORGEOUS?! I used the CAS-ual Fridays sketch yet again.


I went with sunflowers for this card. I LOVE sunflowers - they're special to me for a reason - I had them in my wedding bouquet :)
Here's a little peek at my bouquet… we have our 9th anniversary in a couple of weeks. WOW! Can't believe it's been 9 whole years… better stop now before I get all nostalgic again LOL!!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN,
Signature
Wonderful Friend Card
Not linked: Silver Pearls


 Sunflower Card

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.