Happy Father's Day!!!

*** I've been on a posting roll so click HERE for my Just Us Girls post :) ***

To all the Dads out there - Have a very happy, happy day!


This is a picture of my dad (right) and my dad-in-law in Dec 2008. They had helped us put up some fencing (plus build the gate you see here) for our dogs and we had to take a picture to commemorate completion of the project. They even posted a little sign (seen between them) that read - "Merry Christmas from "the dads"" and instead of just posing shaking hands, they decided to shake the drill :) Too funny! Two years later, the gate and fence are holding strong and looking great - they do good work. I just may have to hire them again :D

Tracy and I consider ourselves so very lucky to have such wonderful, loving, knowledgeable, and doting parents. We are not, shall we say, "wise" in the ways of home improvement, so their experience and knowledge are a definite blessing :) We know how completely fortunate we are to have parents that are so involved in our lives, are so very proud and love us unconditionally. So, thanks for everything - especially all the little things - you've done throughout our lives to make us the people we are today.


This is a card I made for my dad (hopefully he's received it by now, 'cause he reads my blog :)). I'm a daddy's girl, no doubt about it. I grew up following my father everywhere, doing everything he did. He passed on a curiosity for the world around me (he's a retired biology teacher), always pointing out a flower, bug, constellation in the night sky... you name it. Always followed by a description or explanation of some sort. To this day, I still look inquisitively around me and often think of my dad. Even though were far apart right now, I hope he realizes the influence he still has in my life :)
See, I told you I was lucky!

Happy Father's Day to our dads! We love you!!!!

The card applies for the following challenges;
Cupcake Craft Challenges - for the boys
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge - one for the boys
CAS-tastic Challenges - father's day card
Crafty Cardmakers - cards for men
A Crafty Little Place - one for the boys
Cards for Men - Father's Day

Thanks for stopping by!!!

TTFN,
 

 --------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
Stamps:  Through the trees, Pond life (sentiment)
Ink: Ripe avocado, spring moss, dark chocolate, terra cotta tile
Paper: Dark chocolate, terra cotta tile, white
Other: Rustic twine, brads, copic markers

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.