Color Splash

The challenge at the Play Date Cafe this week is offered up by Kelly Marie Alvarez, of Lawn Fawn Designs. The challenge was to make a black and white card with a splash of color - orange.
I don't do black and white much at all, scratch that... hardly ever. But this was too much fun! I love placing that bold, vibrant orange in with the classic black and white. Why hadn't I thought of this before?!?! I'll go back to this again, promise.

I actually made two cards for this challenge - told ya I loved it :)
When I first saw the challenge, I thought of a Monarch butterfly and I was inspired by Kelly's card as well. I stamped the butterfly (from Martha Stewart), colored it with copics, cut it out and popped it up on dimensionals.

This card seemed more fun to me and the sentiment from PTI's signature greetings went along well with it. I love the Dot Spot stamp set from PTI - it's simple and stunning all at the same time. I stamped the dot spots onto vellum which is then layered on the black card stock. The orange is so amazing in there. I think before the challenge, I would have assumed Halloween with this color combo - how narrow sighted of me! The little pop of color here and there is fantastic - I bet it would work well with raspberry fizz too, hummmmm.....

Anyway, off to bed :) Gotta busy day tomorrow...
Thanks so much for stopping by!



TTFN,

--------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
Life card-
Stamps: Life,  Fancy flourishes, Butterflies from Martha Stewart
Ink: Staz on Jet Black, Orange zest, memento tuxedo black
Paper: True black, white
Other: Orange rhinestones, copics


Girly, your rock card -
Stamps: Dot Spot, Signature Greetings
Ink: Staz on Jet Black, Orange Zest, Memento tuxedo black
Paper: True black, white, vellum
Other: Orange zest ribbon, nesties

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.