New supplies and another challenge

Had a weird situation arise today... went to Joanne's and as I was checking out, my credit card was declined. My DH and I are careful to pay it off every month and we had also checked the balance days previously so I knew it hadn't exceeded the limit. Weird.... So I call the credit card company and find out that my DH was 5 days late with the payment (a busy weekend and hectic week for him so it's understandable) and they froze our card!!! Only five days - crazy.... Anyway, we had made the payment 2 days prior but it hadn't gone through yet, so hopefully tomorrow. I mean, it's our fault completely but I'd never had that happen - maybe there's too many people with outstanding balances and payments due. Hard economic times... This policy was news to me but good to know from now on out... Anyway, I bought some new DP and a few other supplies such as Perfect Pearls (Aged Patina) while on vacation in VA Labor Day weekend. I couldn't wait to use both and I've got more plans for the Perfect Pearls (plus I'd love to buy a few more colors) :) I just love them - so pretty and a little certainly goes a long way. So I put them to use on a sketch challenge from Lauren Meader. On to my card.... The sketch with the frame screamed vellum window to me. I actually ened up doubling the vellum as one layer was too transparent. I stamped a flower from "Life" on the vellum in versamark then covered with the perfect pearls. I curved the sentiment (love that!) and stamped in scarlet jewel. The rest was pretty simple. It was a fun card to make and I love that new DP :) It's also preview time over at Papertrey ink - some seasonal stamp sets coming up. So exciting :) As always, thanks so much for stopping by! TTFN, ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more -------------------------------------------- Ingredients.... (all PTI unless otherwise stated) Stamps: Life, Scattered showers (sentiment) Paper: Patterned paper (sorry, can't remember and is all the way up in my craftroom :)), ripe avacado, scarlet jewel, DCWAV textured blue cardstock, clear vellum Ink: Scarlet jewel, versamark Other: scarlet jewel buttons, nesties, green perfect pearls, gold brads, green saddle stitch ribbon (Michael's), twine

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.