Pure poppy


*** ADDENDUM: I'm such a forgetful person lately - Argh!!!! I forgot to post the fact that I used Mercy's Tuesday sketch for this card. DUH! I'm to late to enter for the favs but I did love the sketch and thought it was perfect for what I had in mind. The sketch itself is posted below my card. Silly me... ***

Hi ya!

Had a nice relaxing Saturday - slept in a little, went to the gym, surfed the web, cleaned a little, then shopped at the local scrapbook superstore :)

I had the opportunity to play a little in my craft room this evening and came up with this little number for the latest ColourQ challenge.



I made the poppy using the nesties poppy dies. Once I had them cut from the pure poppy cardstock (PTI) cut each of the petals close to the center, overlapped and fixed in place with glue. I then used a piece of black felt, also cut with the poppy die, and a yellow brad to finish off the center. The poppy was dry embossed with the linen impression plate from PTI for a little texture.

It also qualifies for;
Crazy for Challenges - paper flowers
A Spoon Full of Sugar - sunshiny colors
Crafty Anne's Challenge - embossing
Lord Have Mercy - Tuesday sketch



Also, Annabelle Stamps has a new stamp release happening soon. They're offering a chance to win a free stamp set over at there blog -> HERE. Check it out!!!

Have a great weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN,
 
 --------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
Stamps: Turning a New Leaf, Year of Flowers: Violets (sentiment)
Ink: Versamark, Ripe Avocado, white (Colorbox pigment ink)
Paper: Ripe Avocado, Melon Berry, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, White
Other: Picnic Plaid impression plate, Linen impression plate, True black felt, Apron lace border punch (Fiskars), EF Stylized flowers (Cuttlebug), yellow brad from stash

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

10 Responses to Pure poppy

Laurie said...

Andrea this is gorgeous! I love that flower! And the added texture with this plate is so pretty! Beautiful!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Sounds like you had a great day Andrea :) That's what I'm talkin' about! This card is gorgeous - The embossing looks amazing!

Ann Whitfield said...

Fabulous Andrea! I love the colours you've used. Thank you for sharing this with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card! The poppy is beautiful!

PenLight said...

Andrea this is stunning! I love that flower! And the texture is so pretty! Beautiful!

Claire said...

Wow, gorgeous card, that flower is just beautiful
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's
Claire xx

TannyP said...

A perfect day! That flower is a true beauty...just plain gorgeous!

Jennifer Carter said...

What a beautiful color combination! You did a great job with it!

RobbynW said...

Such a great card! Love how the colorQ photo influenced your card elements. Simply gorgeous. Congrats on being a Color Queen Courtier!

Beryl said...

This is a lovely card Andrea.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's.
Beryl xx

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.