Just Us Girls Challenge 37

****ADDENDUM**** 
The winner of my blog candy is ....

Margaret!

I'll be in touch shortly (but in case you see this before I can contact you, just email me an address to which to ship your candy :) My email address can be found on the right hand side of my blog. Thanks so much to all who participated!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hello all!

Happy Saturday! We're off to spend the day with friends - I'm so excited:)

Are you ready to get digital?! Pam is our lovely hostess over at Just Us Girls this week and is challenging us to go digital! Digis can be so fun and versatile - you can make them any size and change colors in photo editing software. Don't have any digis? Lauren has a a freebie digi stamp and papers for you to try! See the JUGS site for the links :)

Lauren Meader from My Time Made Easy has generously provided the JUGS DT with a digital set to use :)  She is also giving a free digital stamp set AND digital paper package to one lucky participant!!! So make sure you head on over to the JUGS site and check out the details of the challenge.

I went digital with this project...


I made a gift set containing shower gel and body lotion (lavender scented). The tote is a template from Suzanne Dean - it's a download under tote/gift bag pdf HERE. It was SUPER easy to put together! The label on the tote and the circular sentiment and flower on the card are from the digital set I chose, Take Time for Petal Perfection from My Time Made Easy. I added color and combined the images in Photoshop - it was pretty easy. For any one unfamiliar with Photoshop and wishing to know how to use it to edit digis, Kristina Werner has an excellent video tutorial on her site (the tutorial is on making a digital card template but the same principles apply). The next two photos show the digital label and sentiment in detail...



The label was plain to start and I added the butterflies, sentiments and flowers separately so you can appreciate how customizable these sets are.

This final photo shows the side of the tote...


Pam has a great step-wise take on her project illustrating how she altered the image for her JUGS project with Photoshop - take a look HERE.

Sadly, we are bidding a fond farewell to the wonderful Mona as she steps down as a JUGS DT member :( :( :(.  This amazingly talented gal is pursuing other paper crafting opportunities and as much as we'd like to do it all sometimes, it just is not possible... Best wishes in your future endeavors, Mona!!!  We will surely miss you and your fabulous creations. Please take a moment and stop by her blog to wish her luck! I know I'll be checking in to see the all your gorgeous eye candy, my wonderful friend!

I didn't have time to select the blog candy winner today so I'll do it tomorrow evening - stay tuned!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Hope you enjoy!

TTFN,
 
 --------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
Stamps: Take Time for Petal Perfection Digital Set (My Time Made Easy)
Ink: Plum pudding (to highlight the dry embossing)
Paper: Plum pudding, spring rain, white (georgia pacific), Wisteria DP (Basic Grey)
Other: nesties, spring rain ribbon, vintage cream buttons, damask Cuttlebug embossing folder, sewing machine, EK Success Scalloped border punch

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.