Home again, home again....

What a day! So busy but, boy, am I glad to be home. I love coming home after a long day. My furry little babies great me so enthusiastically at the door. I can climb into some cosy clothes and just... be. Ahhhh...... On to the main event.... there's another color challenge from Dawn McVey: I L-O-V-E these colors! I was so excited to participate. I wanted to make a square card this time round. Soooo, here's my submission; I colored the leaves, cut them out with nesties, then popped them up on dimensionals. I was going to try the cracked glass technique posted on Heather Nichols' website. I think it's so cool - however, I have smaller grain embossing powder and it didn't work as well as I'd hoped. I ended up with a glossy finish I really like though. I have to get some of the Utee ultra thick embossing enamel I guess (or better clear embossing powder :P). I was also going to try using the chamomile ink (from the vintage duo) on the edges of the circles but when I apply directly to the paper from the ink pad, it comes out often harsh (meaning no soft edges) - does anyone have any suggestions on how they get a soft look when adding ink to the edges of cards and other projects? Any special techniques or tools that can help? I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong :) I've seen a few people wrap twine on the cards in this fashion and I had to try it too - I really like the look. I was happy with the end result for the most part, however, I wish I had gone with a smaller polka dot for the kraft background - I think in retrospect it would have suited better. I'm in love with polka dot basics too - I seem to use that set all the time! I used three orange dew drops on the sentiment - I wanted to add a bit more bling but didn't have any rhinestones :) Anyway, it was a fun card to make regardless - and that's the point, now isn't it? :) Thanks so much for stopping by! TTFN, ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more -------------------------------------------------------- Ingredients (all PTI unless otherwise stated): Paper: Kraft, summer sunrise, cream, dark chocolate Stamps: polka dot basics, leaves from Martha Stewart, 2009 autumn tags, background basics text style Ink: dark chocolate, versamark Other: threading water border punch, twine, vintage cream button, clear embossing powder, nestbilities, copic markers, orange dew drops

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.