Take two...

I making up for lost stamping time :) Three cards in three nights... oh yeah! Nothing like working the wandering mojo into submission - if it won't come to me, I'll go to it!
After browsing a few blogs leading up to the Papertrey Ink release, I saw a really inspirational project on Debbie Olsen's blog, Thinking Inking. I REALLY love her style and the gal is a wonder with copics! Also, I loved what Nichole Heady did with vellum on this card. Talk about CAS and gorgeous :) With these projects in mind, I decided to give the JUGs challenge another go. I love the flap card!
This card fits the following challenges;
Just Us Girls - technique challenge (flap card)
Creative Card Crew - going dotty
Gingersnap creations - birthday greetings

The flowers are stamped in ocean tides (PTI) on vellum, which was then adhered to white cardstock. I really love how it softens the image. I colored the flowers with copics (BG72, BG75). I decided to give the velcro closure another try - this time I trimmed the fuzzier side with scissors in an attempt to reduce the bulkiness. It seemed to work out ok. Boy do I love my EK Success scalloped border punches - the big scallops are fantastic. The buttons on the scallops - another Debbie Olsen special :)
I really love this look and I think I may make a set of cards as a gift in various colors. 
Well that's it for now :) Thanks so much for stopping by!
TTFN,
------------------------------------
Ingredients (all PTI unless otherwise stated):
Stamps: In Bloom, Birthday Basics
Ink: Ocean tides
Paper: Ocean tides, White, vellum
Other: copics, sewing machine, velcro, EK Success scalloped border punch

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.