Look who's new


 Happy Sunday folks! It's raining and cool here but we managed to take the doggies out for a walk this morning. The exuberant excitement at the very mention of the word "walk" - they're so darn easy to please :)
My best friend is due in May with baby boy number 3 - how exciting! So as a gift, I asked if I could make her new arrival announcements :D I'm putting together a few samples she can pick from and, in the process, I decided I'd make a project for this week's JUGs challenge. We were given a technique challenge - make a flap card. My mojo is on hiatus... it took me a while to make this fairly simple card... not a good sign :)
Here's what I came up with;
I got a bit carried away with this one and it won't be the easiest thing to mail. So I'll have to rework it for my friends purposes (and for mass production) but the flap card seems like a perfect design perfect for a new baby announcement. There's room inside for a picture of the beautiful new bundle as well as all the pertinent info. 
The image and sentiment are from Baby Button Bits (PTI) - love that snail! I kept it fairly clean and simple as it was going to be for a boy (no ribbon at her hubby's request :)) and she requested green and brown as a possible color combo. The colors are (all PTI) spring moss, ocean tides, kraft and dark chocolate. I stamped a polka dot background in chamomile ink - it turned out more subtle than the versamark stamped background on the bottom card. To add a little more detail, I hand stitched the main image and the background paper. The closure is simply thread wrapped around an ocean tides button that is popped up on a dimensional.
I made another version of this card with the same colors; I just diamond glazed the snail shell for a slightly different look.
I looked around for magnetic closures (like were shown in the tutorial) but with no luck - the card above uses Velcro. Although you can't really see it, the Velcro is a bit too thick and causes a bit too much of a gap for my liking :(
Off to work on a few things for work tomorrow...ugh. Oh yeah, tonight's the Papertrey Ink release party!!! See HERE for details. Definitely going to be done in time for that!
Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll have another project for the Play Date Cafe tomorrow.
TTFN,
---------------------------------------
Ingredients (all PTI unless otherwise stated):
Stamps: Baby Button Bits, Polka Dot Basics II
Ink: Chamomile vintage ink, dark chocolate
Paper: spring moss, dark chocolate, ocean tides, vintage cream
Other: Nesties (rectangle and scalloped rectangle), cream embroidery thread, ocean tides button, paper piercer, copics (to color the snail)

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.