Happy Canada Day!!!


Hello my peeps!

HaPpY CaNaDa DaY to all my Canadian friends!!!

I made a card to honor the creation of our nation (I just rhymed :)). On July 1, 1867, the Constitution Act joined 4 British colonies to form Canada; Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario and Quebec. Other provinces joined in the years following. My home province, Newfoundland and Labrador, was one of the last provinces to enter Confederation on March 31, 1949, thus officially becoming a part of Canada (until that time it was a British colony; I believe my Dad was actually born a British citizen but following Confederation became a Canadian :)).


I die cut a leaf, stamped the veins and pattern, then clear embossed. For fun texture, I crinkled the leaf a bit to create lines. Had to make it in the colors of the Canadian flag :)


If you look closely, you'll see the words to "Oh Canada" printed in the background. I simply copied the lyrics to a word processing document then printed it on cardstock.

Happy birthday to my home in the great white north!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN,
Signature


Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.