Sweet peas

*** I had a question about how I colored the image. I used Copic markers - they are alcohol based markers that can be blended together as you color.  While there are others methods to color your stamped images (such as other alcohol markers, colored pencils, watercolor markers and pencils, aquapainters, pastels, chalks, etc....), Copics are my fav! I started with the darkest color of a group of 3 similar colors that matched my melon berry card stock and shaded the outer portions of the petals, then blended toward the center, using the lighter tones as I went. On the leaves, I put the darkest color in the center or where I thought there would be the most shadow, then blended with a lighter color. Thanks for asking!***


 


Whew! This was a toughie for me - when I saw the most recent Colour Q challenge, I thought I'd be able to come up with something. But I STRUGGLED :) The colors are wonderful but for some reason, I had a hard time putting them together the way I had envisioned. I think it turned out ok in the end - still not quite what I was looking for - ah well.
This week's Just Us Girls Challenge is a sketch hosted by Maria - it is a fantastic sketch :)





I had seen someone on another blog (I totally forget who, darn it) stamp floral images in white on white then color them. It looked so cool. Mine isn't quite as impressive - I think if I'd used some bright pinks or maybe the burgundy... will have to try that next time.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
TTFN,
 
 --------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
Stamps: A Year of Flowers- Sweet Pea, Background Basics - Tin Types
Ink: Scarlet jewel, colorbox white pigment ink
Paper: Melon berry, Ripe avocado, white
Other: Copic melon berry trio plus G12, G40, G24, nesties, scarlet jewel ribbon, sage colored dew drops

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.