A new look...again

What can I say... I'm restless :) I grew tired of my old blog template so began browsing for a new one. I found a couple of wonderful freebies (check out leelou blogs - awesome templates and backgrounds for blogger). I did come across Premades for a Purpose - Lena is selling blog templates (for a pretty nominal fee - $5 to $10 and she even will customize some for you if desired) to raise money to adopt a child. How I could I resist? Plus the templates are super cute! So, if you are in need of a blog makeover and want to see a few gorgeous, unique templates - check out her blog. That's where I got my newest "look" - I really like it as it's a bit more custom, and therefore, a bit more "me" :)
I've got a card and a template to share - this set is for the Just Us Girls Design Team Call!!! How exciting is that?!?!
So here's my project...



I chose Pick of the Petals from My Time Made Easy for my template. The packaging templates sold by MTME are great because come in several different formats, including those that can be cut with a machine, like my poor neglected Cricut. It was super easy to cut out and, despite how complex the box looks, it was pretty easy to put together. Niiiice!
I altered the sketch provided just a bit - I didn't add the three dots in the bottom right hand corner - just thought it might make it a bit too busy.
Here's a close up of the top of the box and the gift tag (nesties labels 4 and oval).

Next, a close up of the detail in the card. The pink card stock is not embossed -  it's actually diecuts of the same cardstock adhered to the base. I love how it looks (I first saw Betsy Veldman do this here). Doesn't it look cool?

I used black on this on again - yay me! I don't use black often at all (I've been on the same 12 pack of true black from PTI for over a year now :)).
I'm part way through another set using some more fun colors - I couldn't decide which to submit, so I'll probably enter that one too (I'll have to go back and revisit the rules before I do so though).
Thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN,
 
 --------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
Stamps: Signature greetings
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, sweet blush 
Paper: True black, sweet blush, vintage cream, KaiserCraft patterned DP (Pretty in Pink - Chloe), Kraft
Other: Offray black ribbon, Nesties, sweet blush buttons, rustic twine, Pick of the Petals template (MTME)

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.