The ol' vintage try

Hello all!
It's challenge time over at Pile It On again and this week we have an inspiration photo for you to sink your teeth into. It's from the White House Museum.


This week, the sponsor is Paper Jewels. They have a great selection of stamps and accessories. One lucky participant will receive a $15 gift certificate for their store.

On to my card. The room in the photo has an elegant, romantic feel. It also made me think of travel. So I tried my hand at a vintage-y card with a travel theme.


The background paper is vintage forget-me-not DP (free from internet!) with a faux silk treatment applied. The Eiffel tower postcard was a picture I had lying around - not even sure from whence it came (sorry)! The sentiment is from everyday button bits (supposed to say sending smiles across the miles - I just inked up the "across the miles" portion). Anyway, this is my attempt at vintage - please be kind - LOL!!!! Wish I had some of that awesome colored seam binding I've seen so many people using lately. It would work so well with this inspiration photo. Must order some...

The challenges this card qualifies for are;
Pile it On - Photo inspiration
Cupcake Craft Challenges - buttons
Practical Scrappers - punches
ABC Challenge - unused stash (my Eiffel tower pic)
Crafty Creations - around the world
La La Land Crafts - anything goes
Penny's Challenge - recipe
Craft Ann's - anything goes
Simple Saturdays - scallops
Shelly's Images - anything goes

That's it folks! Be sure to play along with us at PIO!!! We love seeing all your wonderful creations :)
Thanks so much for stopping by!


TTFN,

--------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
Stamps: Everyday button bits (sentiment) 
Ink: spring moss, vintage duo (Chamomille)
Paper: spring rain, white, vintage forget-me-not (from internet), tissue paper (for faux silk)
Other: Spring moss ribbon, spring rain buttons, damask CB embossing folder, EK Success border punch, nesties labels 4

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.