Ahhh, Saturday

Happy weekend all :)
It was GORGEOUS here today - sunny and in the low 70's - just perfect (at least for my eastern Canadian blood :)).  After Tracy (the hubs) finished up work, we went to our local home improvement store to pick up a few plants and supplies for hanging baskets. Our front porch is a bit shady (who am I kidding - it's shady the entire day) so we went with Impatiens. They're hardy enough to withstand the shade and...well, me. I'm a definite gardening newbie - as green as they get; no really, I know NOTHING. But I can do research (I love Google) and go from there - too bad my parents don't live closer. My Mom is amazing with plants; too bad that's not genetic :) I love lilacs so I also picked up a small lilac bush (or tree??? Not sure which is correct - perhaps someone with more gardening experience could fill me in?) and I'm really excited! Love the colors and that A-MAZING scent!
Anywho, onto my card. I got to take part in another Compose a Card Challenge by Becky Oehlers. Yay me!



So Becky gave us a few awesome color schemes based on photos of her daughter's dresses - LOVE the polka dots :) My first inclination would have been to go with the brown and avocado colors but I decided to go with a lesser used color combo (at least by me) - the black and new leaf. And I loved these two together. To set off the sentiment, I wanted to use glitter - I took a glue pen and drew around the inside of the frame - too bad my hand wasn't steady :) It's a bit squiggly - but I kept it as I figured it sort of went with the rough, torn edges of the new leaf paper. Yeah, that's what I'm going with... :)
Well, off to bed :)
Thanks so very much for stopping by the ol' blog-o!

TTFN,
 
 --------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
Stamps: Fillable frames 1, Polka dot basics II
Ink: New leaf, Memento tuxedo black, colorbox white, vellum
Paper: new leaf, true black, white
Other: offray black ribbon, PTI polka dot impression plate, new leaf button, Peridot Martha Stewart glitter, glue pen, Fiskars flower punch

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.