Gate fold card - JUGS #59

Wanna play with JUGS? *Tee Hee* 


OK, now that I've got that out of my system (simple things amuse simple minds :)), the JUGS to which I am referring is Just Us Girls and Kathryn's got a brand new technique for you to try!
Your challenge this week, should you choose to accept it :), is to make a gate fold card! They're really easy to make and are such a nice way to change up the routine card style.


I used colors from Mona's latest CR84FN Challenge. I absolutely LOVE these colors! And they make a wonderful non-traditional Christmas color palette ;) 


 Here's the inside of my gate fold card...


I chose a metal embellishment to create a belt of ribbon to keep my card closed. I was super excited when I actually saw this little embellie in my stash! So cute! I went against my symmetry-lovin' nature and positioned the tree off to the side to make room for the belt buckle. I think the buckle and the sentiment balance it out a bit though and was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out :)


If you already haven't, see the JUGS site for all the challenge deets. Don't forget to swing by the blogs of the other JUGS DT gals and show them a little love :)


Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls - we love seeing your creations and always appreciate your support!

***** Exciting event alert!!!! Tomorrow is our sweet Dana's Birthday! Happy, happy, happy birthday Dana!!! I hope your day is filled with fun and surprises :) Have a great one!!! Swing by Dana's blog and send some sweet birthday wishes her way!*****
MySpaceGraphicsandAnimations.com
Animations provided by MySpaceGraphicsandAnimations.com


By the way, thanks so much for all the well wishes! I'm feeling SOOO much better. And Spencer, my bandage-wearin' Golden, is no long bandaged! He's healed completely - a bit of a scar and some reduced range of motion but hopefully nothing a bit of physical therapy can't make a bit better :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN,

 --------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated):
Stamps: Background basics: Christmas, Holly jolly (sentiment), Friendship Jar (border on label), Tree trimming trio
Ink: Simply chartreuse, raspberry fizz, versamark
Paper: raspberry fizz, sweet blush, white, simply chartreuse (backing on felt tree)
Other: Sweet blush, raspberry fizz and white buttons, tree trimming trio die, sewing machine, raspberry fizz ribbon, white embossing powder, silver eyelets (Making Memories), silver buckle embellishment (Paper Studio), holly jolly impression plate

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.