Butterfly Sympathy

For my Pile It On card, scroll down or click HERE.
For my JUGS card, scroll on down or click HERE.

Whew, the heat wave here in eastern TN just keeps chugging right along... Wow. Thank goodness for AC. Seriously. Is it hot in your neck of the woods?

The hubby and I have been working on getting our covered deck tiled. This is our first attempt at tiling and I'd be lying if I told you that everything has gone smoothly :) Let me put it this way, we're a learn-through-mistakes kinda couple when it comes to home improvement :D I can tell you that you can replace tile once mortar has set (no grout yet) to fix mistakes. How do I know this? My poor, well-meaning hubby laid a bunch of tile a few days ago - by himself. I know, isn't he a trooper?! Towards the end he was getting tired and in his haste, failed to realize that a few tiles had gotten out of line. Opps. So the mortar dried then along comes me to point out his mistakes. I did do it gently, as I realized how hard he hard worked a few days prior. But me, being the obsessive, straight lines, symmetry-loving person I am, couldn't let it go and not mention it. Today, we fixed it though - a hammer, chisel and a few tile later, we're all set and on the right track again. The wayward tile came up quite easily, with no damage to the underlayment or the tile. Just a little more time than we'd planned :) Whew!!! Live and learn, live and learn...

Then I had a bit of time to spend in the craft room. So I made a card for the Play Date Cafe using the Waltzing Mouse Sketch.




Love the WMSC! The sketches are graphically simple but certainly can be dolled up any way you please. I had digital vintage script paper that I printed then distressed with ink and my scissors. I stamped a few butterflies over top. I colored one of the butterflies with my Copic markers. The ribbon is ruffled a la Ashley Cannon Newell - she has a great video tutorial HERE. Mine isn't nearly as pretty as hers but I love the treatment so I'll get a bit more practice :)

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by - I sincerely appreciate each and every one of you :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
 TTFN,
 
 --------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
Stamps: Butterflies (Martha Stewart), Daily designs sentiments
Ink: Lady bug (Memento), Ochre (Colorbox), Dark chocolate
Paper: Pure poppy, white, vintage digital paper
Other: nesties, seam binding, Copics, scissors (to distress)

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.