For my JUGS post, please click HERE :)
Quick announcement before we get into the meat of the post. Starting with this week, the CR84FN challenges will run every 2 weeks until September. Summer is a busy time with vacations and school being out so we don't want anyone to miss out on fabulous color inspiration :) Check out the CR84FN blog for complete info on our summer challenges.
How about this GORGEOUS color combo brought to you by CR84FN this week?!?! It just gets the creative juices a'flowin'!
The gorgeous inspiration photos come courtesy of a wonderful wedding photographer, Steve Steinhardt. Just check out his amazing website for incredible inspiration!
I had seen a lovely scarf while browsing on Pinterest (haven't visited it yet? Check it out - it's a virtual pinboard that allows you to collect pics from all over the web…pretty neat!). The original photo is from Anthropologie.
Isn't it amazing? The gradient between the pink and the green really caught my eye and I decided it was perfect for a card. After all, what can be better than pink, green and polka dots :)
I love when that happens - the sudden inspiration, the lightbulb… that's what happened when I saw the pic from Antropologie. The "oh yeah" light bulb.
1. mask off square area on cream cardstock base with long post-its
2. stamp polka dots (Polka dots from PTI) with versamark and emboss in white
3. sponge spun sugar and shabby shutters distress inks to create gradient over polka dotted area
4. draw border with fine tipped black marker (first time I've ever done this - I'm such a fan of straight lines, letting go of my ruler was really hard to do)
5. stamp sentiment (Big Wish from Verve) and add green rhinestones (actually the rhinestones were clear and I colored them with a YG95 Copic marker - gotta love Copics!)
6. adhere to light pink cardstock
Check out what the other wonderful DT members have up their super crafty sleeves;
Thanks so much for stopping by!