Embellish felt color challenge

Click HERE for my JUGS post :)

Love the colors in the latest Embellish Magazine challenge! I just had to play along :) In addition to the colors shown, there is an additional challenge to use felt on your project. 

I also used this sketch from 2S4Y;

It's a fantastic sketch! But, as further proof of my mental deterioration, I forgot to post the card in time for the end of the 2S4Y challenge... I'm hoping that my brain will return to near normal function soon :)

This is what I came up with;



I had crocheted this cute flower a while ago and thought I'd put it to good use. Love the way the little petals curl up a bit :) I wanted to also do something a bit different and not add the sentiment to the outside of this card - it does have Happy Birthday on the inside.

The only thing I wish I'd done differently in retrospect would have been to add a yellow button to the flower instead of a brown one. The brown button just seems to blend and yellow might have stood out more... I do love the stamped background though - it was parchment pigment ink from Colorbox stamped on vintage cream paper from Papertrey ink. It's subtle, creating nice, soft yellow leaves. I've been on a real tear with the sewing machine lately too :)

Later taters!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

--------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
Stamps: Turning a new leaf
Ink: Versamark, Parchement (Colorbox)
Paper: vintage cream, dark chocolate
Other: Red felt (Hobby Lobby), pink craft thread (embroidery thread), nesties. dark chocolate button, sewing machine, clear embossing powder

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.