Getting ready for the holidays




Good evening folks :)
This weekend's been a busy one - we're preparing to leave for Christmas vacation on Wednesday! I literally CANNOT WAIT!!!! We are heading to my parents home in Eastern Canada. It's been a year and a half since I've been home and I'm super excited. I love being home for the holidays :) So in preparation, we've been cleaning, doing laundry, and a variety of other chores. I'm almost done sending Christmas cards and my little gift packs for the folks at work are almost completed. Still a few other things to do... No matter how hard I try, it seems that things always end up coming down to the last minute. And, I've decided I'm OK with that :)
But notice that I did have time to prepare one last project for a few challenges. I've got my priorities :)

This card is for Dawn's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge and the recent Just Us Girls technique challenge hosted by Kristin.

 
  
  
  
 Don't know about you but I had never heard of the chalkboard technique, much less tried it. I was really intrigued and excited when Kristin described it. And of course the JUGs DT gals provided FANTASTIC inspiration :)  The funny thing was that I had forgotten I even owned chalks - almost went out and bought some :)
The background was stamped with white pigment ink using Turning a New Leaf (from Papertrey Ink) onto Terra cotta tile cardstock. Then I sponged on brown chalk, wiped off the excess with a cloth and, Voila! A bit of the white still shows through a bit but I'm really happy with the result for my first shot. And I didn't even ruin a piece of cardstock trying the technique first (which is pretty much the norm for me :)). I used dark chocolate and kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink) for the scalloped pieces, which were then wrapped with aqua mist ribbon. The flower was cut from aqua mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink), stamped using Background basics: text style (Papertrey Ink) and the same chalkboard technique used here as well (brown chalk). I was going crazy with it 'cause I loved it so much :) The sentiment is from Birthday Basics (Papertrey Ink) and was stamped in terra cotta tile (also from, you guessed it, Papertrey Ink - Love their stuff!!!). 
I'll absolutely use this technique again! It's so easy and SOOOO versatile - as I was applying the chalk to this card, a million other ideas were going through my head. This will definitely be a favorite. Thanks Kristin!
So my posts for the remainder of December will be sparse. Unfortunately I won't have access to crafting supplies while at my parents but there will be lots to do, loads of people to visit and, of course, a cornucopia of things to eat! I will share my gift boxes for my coworkers in a few days just so my blog won't be totally abandoned :)
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great start to the week. I know mine will start off right given the fact I've got vacation in 3 short days! Oh yeah, I'm also excited because my dh gave me an early present - a espresso machine. So I get to have a homemade cappuccino tomorrow morning. Life is good :)

TTFN,


 
---------------------------------

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.