Timeless template challenge...

Another first! I figured I'd take on the Timeless Template Challenge using timeless templates created by Lauren Meader. I LOVE her timeless templates; they are, in short, amazing - I don't know how she comes up with incredible designs every month. I'm in creative awe... So easy to use and the results are amazing. I've only used the ones I've bought a few times but I plan on using them more and more. I love the color inspiration she chose. My biggest challenge was definitely using the hardware as I don't tend to use much (don't have much either).
My plan seemed solid when I started - had the design idea and thought it would make a perfect gift for a friend once filled with her favorite little candies). The final result, however, wasn't quite all I'd hoped it would be. I kept looking for ideas to make the individual circles 'pop' a bit more. The buttons worked well but I wanted to stamp a bit more with this project. I decided against it in the beginning because I didn't want it to look too fussy - but now it seems to lack something. The dotted lines I left on the outside - very much by accident at first :) - but I ended up sort of liking the stitch-like effect. Again, didn't use much hardware - just a brad and an eyelet. A bit sad really :( In the end, I added a few stickles to the box itself and the cupcake tag. Any other suggestions? The template was super easy to put together though - pretty neat :) Ah well... I got to spend some great time in the craft room :) Blech, it's raining outside. My little tortie, Lil, is fascinated by the raindrops hitting the deck. Thought I'd include a pic of her cute little behind :) Thanks so much for looking. TTFN. Andrea ----------------------------------- Materials (all PTI unless otherwise stated) Stamps: Cupcake Collection Paper: White select, spring moss, ocean tides, spring rain Ink: Color box teal, amber and chestnut pigment ink Other: Lauren Meader's Get a Handle On It timeless template, spring moss ribbon, twine, eyelet, brad, nestabilities circle and scalloped circle and oval, crystal stickles, spring rain and new leaf buttons

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.