Papertrey Ink October Blog Hop



Time for the Papertrey Blog Hop! The challenge as posted by Nichole is as follows;

"There is always a lot of focus on Christmas in our industry this time of year, as that is what the majority of the population celebrates.  However, this month's blog hop is dedicated to those that celebrate winter holidays other than Christmas.  Create a project that celebrates Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or some other winter holiday as we embrace everyone's beliefs in a celebration of diversity through paper crafting."


This week's CASE Study provided wonderful inspiration for a non-traditional, winter card that would fit the blog hop requirements. Barbara Anders is the wonderful Muse this month and her cards are gorgeous! This was the inspiration piece from her collection;

I love the color scheme - and I haven't used raspberry fizz in a while. So it was time :) Here's my take...



I didn't have any of those fantastic rhinestone flourishes so I used glitter as my bling :) I stamped the snowflake with glue from a Palette glue pad and poured the glitter on. I added a few glitter dots to the sentiment too. I used the PTI linen impression plate on the kraft and cream cardstock - too bad it didn't show up in the photos as nicely as it does IRL :( I do so love that impression plate *happy sigh*...

I am a little embarrassed to admit this but I'm gonna share anyway :) It took me literally three tries to get the glitter snowflake, brad and scalloped circle together. I tried glittering first but the other manipulations knocked the glitter off. Then I tried spraying with acrylic to keep the glitter in place but I sprayed too much and the glitter ran. Finally, I attached the cream circle to the raspberry fizz scalloped circle, stamped the snowflake in glue, placed the brad, then used the glitter! I can't believe it took me that many tries to get something so simple together :) You live, you learn!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

 TTFN,
--------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated):
Stamps: Snowflake serenade, Fancy flourishes
Ink: Raspberry fizz, Palette glue pad
Paper: Vintage cream, raspberry fizz, kraft
Other: Glitter (Martha Stewart), pearl brad, linen impression plate

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.