First CASE Study

For my JUGS Anniversary Post, click HERE.


My parents and in-laws are here visiting this week. In between our trips to the World Equestrian Games in Lexington, we're also jaunting around to a few other local must-sees like the Biltmore. It's so great having family here and being on vacation with them :)

Spencer is continuing his recovery. His wounds are slowly healing - it's still not quite exactly where we want it but at least we trending toward improvement. I'll take it! Just a quick little story to tell you how nuts devoted we are when it comes to our furry family - my husband and I have been taking turns sleeping on the couch with the infirmed Spencer beside the sofa. Why you ask? Because he normally sleeps on the bed with us and, as we want him to stay quiet, he's not allowed on the bed. In Spencer's world, it's equivalent to torture (he loves bedtime :)) so in order to avoid him being upset, we've been sleeping on the sofa, which seems to appease him. Yep.....we're certifiable LOL!!!!

Anywho, on to the reason for the post. I've been eyeing the CASE Study challenge blog started by the talented Chupa and haven't had time to play along. If you haven't seen this blog, the premise is that they have a new muse every month that provides inspiration every week. The challenge is to use the inspiration card to inspire a project of your own. Cool, huh?

This month's muse is Mariana Grigsby and this is the inspiration piece...

For my card, I focused on mainly the colors for my inspiration.


I do so love the spotlight technique (it's definitely one of my favs), so I decided that there is no way for me to get too much of a good thing, right? I colored the leaves with copics.  I drew a border with a Spica pen (lipstick) then masked the edges, then the background leaves were stamped in ripe avocado.

That's all for now. Hope your week is starting off on a good note!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  

TTFN,
--------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
Stamps: Leaves (Martha Stewart), Autumn Tags (sentiment)
Ink: Ripe avocado, terra cotta tile
Paper: Ripe avocado, white
Other: Copics, nesties, terra cotta tile ribbon, spica pen

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.