Deck the halls...

..... Fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la!


I know it's a bit very early, but I just can't help myself :) Mmm, mmm... love me some Christmas!

I recently saw that Maile Bells used french knots on one of her cards as berries and I just had to try it for myself! She has a tutorial on her blog as well. Love her work!


Pretty CAS :) I stamped the largest image from Turning a New Leaf (PTI) in simply chartreuse on white cardstock. The sentiment is from Stocking Prints (PTI) and is stamped in lady bug (Memento). Then I used red embroidery thread to make the french knots. They're so darn cute!!! I finished it off with red metallic thread tied in a bow and adhered the whole thing to a pure poppy base. It looked like it needed something else but I fought the urge to dress it up more. I think if I make it again, I would stamp the sentiment on vellum just for a little something extra. Here's a close up of the french knots...


I stamped the inside to match, but used the holly berries from Peaceful Poinsettias (PTI) instead of french knots. They look pretty darn cute too :)


The inspiration for this card came from the latest CASE study challenge; this card by Barbara Anders is the inspiration piece...

This card also qualifies for Annabelle Stamps Say It With... No DP challenge.

That's all for today :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN,
--------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
Stamps: Turning a new leaf, Stocking Prints sentiment
Ink: simply chartreuse, lady bug (memento)
Paper: White, pure poppy
Other: red embroidery thread, metallic string, dimensionals

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.